Yoga isn’t just a workout; it’s a holistic approach to improve both physical and mental well-being. Offering a frontline protection for health, yoga cultivates discipline and extends an opportunity to live longer, look better, and feel healthier. The beauty of yoga lies in its flexibility – fitting into your daily routine seamlessly. While the ideal time to do surya namaskars aligns with sunrise, you can do yoga anytime during the day. It’s the perfect fit for those seeking a less intense workout, promoting a relaxed, mindful state of mind. However, people often wonder about the best time to do yoga to get maximum benefits of the asanas. In today’s world, where people juggle various shifts and lead hectic lives, yoga can seamlessly integrate into a busy schedule. So, coming back to answer the question on everyone’s mind – what’s the best time to do yoga? Morning, afternoon or evening? Let’s find out:
According to experts, the ideal time to do yoga is in the morning and evening time, during “sandhya kalas,” which are the transitional periods during dawn and dusk. These intermediate zones are considered optimal to practice yoga and other spiritual practices. However, as we have mentioned above, yoga practice should be scheduled at a time that would fit into your busy routine and lifestyle; with no rush to complete asanas and go through the flow routines. Although, when done during early morning time, yoga can help kickstart your day with renewed energy and you would feel great through the day, you can do it late in the evening, at dusk, and would get the same benefits. Since yoga is great for physical, mental, and spiritual wellness, make every intent to make it a part of your lifestyle, without thinking about time constraints.
Benefits of Doing Yoga in the Morning:
Here are some amazing benefits of doing yoga asanas in the morning:
1. Metabolism Boost: Morning yoga jumpstarts your metabolism, and along with a healthy diet, would boost calorie burn. Also read: “6 Ways Yoga Can Help You Achieve Weight Loss.”
2. Sustained Energy: Engaging in yoga at the start of the day flushes your body with energy and keeps you active all day long.
3. Enhanced Alertness: Enhances mental clarity, focus, and promotes better productivity in work and daily activities.
4. Improves Anxiety and Mood: By integrating yoga into your mornings, you set the tone for the day to manage stress and anxiety levels, helps to maintain a mindset to tackle the day’s challenges.
5. Triggers Endorphin Release: Yoga triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural mood elevators. Yoga has been shown to lower stress hormone like cortisol and increasing brain chemicals like endorphins and GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), which help to improve mood, lower stress, and decrease anxiety.
Benefits of Doing Yoga in the Evening:
If you are not a morning person, practicing yoga during the evening time is good too, and comes with its own set of benefits. It’s a great form of workout to unwind after a hectic day and helps to declutter mind, and get into a relaxed state before sleep.
1. Stress Relief: Engaging in yoga serves as an effective stress management tool by incorporating mindful breathing and poses that calm the nervous system, reducing the production of stress hormones like cortisol.
2. Muscle Relief: Since yoga involves stretching the body, it helps to relieve tension, aches, and cramps after a tiring day at work. These stretches relax the muscles and help combat stress.
4. Helps To Relax and Unwind: If you had a bad day, practicing yoga helps to transition from the day’s stresses to a state of relaxation. It helps to unwind and release tension from the body. Regular yoga practice in the evening promotes better sleep and fight insomnia. The relaxation techniques and calming effects of yoga prepare the body and mind for a restful night’s sleep.
5. Bloating and Water Retention: Certain yoga poses and movements aid in improving digestion, reducing bloating, and encouraging the body to regulate fluid balance, minimizing water retention.
Summing up, by making yoga a daily habit, you are developing a holistic approach to wellness, nurturing your physical, mental, and emotional health for the rest of your life. Download the Rati Beauty app for all your weight loss diet plans and yogasanas.