Girls, what is preventing you from wearing backless dresses with confidence this festive season?! Of course, pimples on the back! It’s quite frustrating when you have to deal with pimples and acne breakouts on the back, and the remedies that seem to work on acne breakouts on the face seem ineffective for those on back. And unlike quick fixes like applying concealer on face, concealing back acne can be quite a mammoth task. For some people, back acne extends to shoulders and lower back as well, and it becomes quite a challenge to get rid of breakouts from all these areas. But fret not, read about 10 effective ways to treat pimples on the back.
What Causes Back Acne?
1. Overactive sebaceous oil glands on the back.
2. Clogged pores/accumulation of dead skin cells.
3. Not changing out of sweaty gym clothes after workout.
4. Uncomfortable clothing that can cause friction on the skin.
5. Too much sugar and empty calories in daily diet can cause inflammation and breakouts.
6. Hormonal imbalance.
10 Ways To Treat Pimples on the Back:
1. Tea Tree Oil: Due to anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil, it combats back acne effectively. Tea tree oil helps to deal with breakouts on the skin, be it on the face or back. To use tea tree oil, dilute two to three drops of tea tree oil in aloe vera gel and apply it all over the back or just the affected area. Allow the skin to absorb the oil and wash off with warm water, ideally keep it for one hour.
2. Epsom Salt: Due to the presence of magnesium in epsom salt, it is absorbed well by the skin, thus giving you relief from redness, inflammation and itchy skin. For back acne, add some epsom salt to your bathing water and use this water as a last rinse. Don’t use any soap or body wash when you are using epsom salt. Follow this routine twice or thrice a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy: By balancing the pH value on the skin, ACV prevents skin breakouts. Due to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in apple cider vinegar, it helps to eliminate back acne easily. Mix one portion of apple cider vinegar with two portions of water and transfer the content to a spray bottle. Now, spray this mixture on your back, leave it overnight. Do this for a few weeks and acne will clear up.
4. Green Tea Rinse: The antioxidants in green tea reduce inflammation and breakouts on the skin. For back acne, brew some green tea and allow it to cool. Now, apply this green tea over the affected area with a cotton ball. Leave it overnight. Green tea helps to control sebum production, and controls breakouts.
5. Mint Leaves: Mint leaves contain menthol which is a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent. It alleviates the pain and swelling around the acne. It also helps in treating acne on the back. Take some mint leaves and make a smooth paste of it. Now, rub this paste on your back and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
6. Cinnamon and Honey Mask: There are strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties found in cinnamon and honey, it helps to treat acne and also lighten scars. Grind one spoon of cinnamon and add two spoons of honey. Now, add one spoon of lemon juice and mix them together. Apply this mask on your body and wash off with lukewarm water. (Check out “20 Best Homemade Face Packs with Honey”).
7. Aloe Vera Gel: This is probably one of the most effective remedies, suitable for all skin types; pure aloe vera gel not only prevents breakouts, it also helps in healing wounds and reducing inflammation. Rub some aloe vera gel on the affected areas and wash off with cold water after some time.
8. Witch Hazel: Using witch hazel helps to deep cleanse clogged pores. Due to anti-inflammatory properties found in witch hazel, it helps to treat swelling and inflammation as well. Apply some distilled witch hazel on your back and leave it for some time. Do not wash off as it needs to be absorbed by your skin. Repeat doing this 2-3 times in a day.
9. Rice Scrub: Exfoliation is an important step to clear clogged pores. Rather than using store-bought scrubs, make your own scrub by mixing 1 tbsp of rice powder, 1 tbsp of besan, and a pinch of turmeric. Add rose water to make a smooth paste. Scrub all over the back and shoulders and rinse off after 15 minutes. Do this once or twice a week to clear skin up.
10. Coffee Scrub: This coffee scrub helps to clear clogged pores and reduce inflammation as well. To make this scrub, take 2 tbsp of coffee powder, 1 tbsp of honey, and 2 tbsp of yogurt or curd. Mix everything well and apply it all over the back. Rinse off after 20 minutes and wipe the back with a washcloth. Repeat this exfoliation process twice a week.
Essential Rules of Wearing Backless Attires
DIY Activated Charcoal and Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Face Mask
The post 10 Ways To Treat Pimples on the Back appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.