Both fitness experts and weight loss pundits would agree – when life gives you lemons, exchange them for something richer in protein content! Because protein isn’t just a macronutrient; it’s a powerful ally in the journey of weight loss, boosting metabolism and preserving lean muscle mass. Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated the significance of consuming the recommended amount of dietary protein in enhancing weight loss. While protein isn’t a miracle cure for shedding excess fat alone, it does play a crucial role.
1. Improves Appetite and Satiety: Studies show that individuals who consumed a high-protein breakfast had increased fullness and reduced production of ghrelin (hunger hormone). Protein-rich food also reduces cravings, especially late-night cravings for unhealthy food and sugar, and thus helps to cut down total calories consumed. Thus a diet rich in protein can be a useful strategy to boost weight loss goals.
2. Proteins Induces Thermogenesis: We need energy and calories to even digest food! And among all the other nutrients, protein has been found to need more calories to get digested, with approximately 25-30% of the calories from protein getting used up to fuel digestion. Also read: “10 High-Protein Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss.”
3. Builds and Preserves Muscle: Protein helps to lower body fat while preserving muscle. Coupled with an exercise routine like strength training, it helps to build and tone body muscles.
4. Improves Metabolism: Since protein repairs and builds muscles, and muscles keep metabolism high, a higher protein intake means better muscle mass. When your muscles are strong, your body burns more calories, which keeps your metabolism high. This means you’ll have more energy and burn more calories to keep your muscles healthy, which helps your metabolism work well. Also read: “8 High-Protein Lunch Ideas For Weight Loss.”
5. Less Chances of Weight Regain: Many people worry that after they stop dieting, they quickly gain back the weight they lost. However, research shows that eating a high-protein diet after losing weight can help stop this from happening. This is because it lowers the amount of a certain type of bacteria called “Lactobacillus” in your gut. Having too much of this bacteria was linked to gaining back weight quickly.
Summing up, given the effectiveness of a high-protein diet in weight loss, consider high-protein meals and snacks to burn calories and shed extra pounds. For effective weight loss diet plans, download and subscribe to the Rati Beauty app for more details.